Read all instructions and safe handling information before you start.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment. Cover all skin, at a minimum wear long sleeves, safety glasses or goggles and gloves.
- Make sure you are working in a well-ventilated area and that you read ALL instructions carefully before use.
- Make sure the can has been stored properly and is at the right temperature. (consult can label)
- GREAT STUFF™ is not to be used for filling closed cavities or voids such as behind walls and under tub surrounds; this improper use of the product could result in the accumulation of flammable vapors and/or uncured material. Failure to follow the warnings and instructions provided with the product, and/or all applicable rules and regulations, can result in injury or death.
- Shake the can vigorously for a minimum of 60 seconds.
- Screw the threaded end of the straw assembly securely onto the valve.
- Practice using the foam on newspaper.
- Insert tip into gap and dispense slowly. Do not force it from the can.
- Fill openings approximately 50% full; the foam will expand to fill the space. Overfilling can buckle materials. If required, mist foam with spray water bottle to speed curing
- Foam is tack-free in 5 -15 minutes, trims in one hour and cures in 8 hours.1
- Cured foam can be trimmed, shaped, sanded, painted or stained. To trim, use a sharp knife or serrated blade.
- One-time use of the can should be
expected unless the SMART DISPENSER™ is used. Do not force the
nozzle of expired or partially used cans or cans with valves sealed
shut. Foam inside the can continually dries or cures at a slow rate.
Each can is marked with an expiration date, beyond which the
contents may have cured and be unable to spray. Forcing the nozzle
may break it open and allow the contents to escape. If the can has
been used before, the foam will cure in the nozzle and straw and
seal shut within two hours unless the SMART DISPENSER™
- Now it’s time to clean up and dispose of empty can(s) properly. Empty cans can be recycled and non-empty cans should be handled according to your local regulations.
1*70 ± 5°F and 50 ± 5 % RH, 1 inch bead diameter, 6 inch length. Cure rate is dependent on temperature, humidity, and size of foam bead.
GREAT STUFF™ INSULATING FOAM SEALANTS
For warnings and precautions, disposal information and more, download GREAT STUFF™ Consumer Safety Information or view our safe handling videos.
Ready to go shopping?
See where you can buy GREAT STUFF™ and GREAT STUFF PRO™ in your neighborhood..